by Dave Sim, with technical assistance by Lou Copeland
Dear Mr. Bissette: I would like to ask if you could offer any suggestions or tips on self-publishing comic-books. Many thanks! Sincerely, Jesse Landrum
1. Lou Copeland announces that JUDENHASS will be available for free download at the judenhass.com website (in PDF and CBZ formats). Hoping that some volunteers will post JUDENHASS to as many Print on Demand and other websites as possible.
2. Sean Robinson bounces back from the TOTAL LOSS of hundreds of CEREBUS scans. The NEXT DAY faxing that "All of this crap with ____ got me really fired up to make the newsprint sourced pages as good as they can possibly be". Attaboy, Sean! "All Hands On Deck" call for CEREBUS OCD CLUB members! We're NOT going to let this slow us down!
3. Unconfirmed report from Eddie Khanna that someone has donated $500 a month to our Patreon site. Many thanks to the unnamed individual (if true). Please contact me for suitable STRANGE DEATH OF ALEX RAYMOND rewards or -- if you just want to remain anonymous, We are ALL cool with that! Many, many, many thanks if true.
On top of all the work I put into the project over the course of two years plus, I estimate I ended up putting a grand of my own money into JUDENHASS in the form of postage fees, office supplies, fax service (there was no free option back in '07) and more, more, more. So while I really appreciate your offer to pay me for the hours I worked this weekend, I long ago decided this was a project I wouldn't take any money for. Thanks for the offer, though. Way I figure it, surely donating that kinda money to such a good cause will get me fast tracked into heaven when I die, right?
The actual full resolution printer's files are way too large to host on the website. We both have a copy of these files burned to a disc. Anyone that's seriously interested in the files should contact either you or me for a disc copy.
|Notebook #10 page 57: "Sid Vicious Lives", small text "Your name here|
|Notebook #10 page 58: "San Jose Chic"|
|Notebook #10 page 57: People relaxing - probably at the hotel pool.|
Cerebus Restoration Update: Non-participation by 'Prominent Art Collector' -- hundreds of 'Pages In The Wild' lost! http://t.co/4Gme02rPkQ
— A Moment Of Cerebus (@MomentOfCerebus) November 22, 2014
1. Off-White House foundation rebuild "caps out" at 48 bags of cement. Tar and "dimpleboard" have been added and as of today Nov 14, the trenches flanking the two sides of the house have been filled in.
2. Inventory list arrives from Leamington warehouse. Inventory ranges from 1 copy of CHURCH & STATE BI-WEEKLY (reprinting issue 61) to 4,068 copies of CEREBUS No.202. CEREBUS ARCHIVE FIRST RELEASE program contemplated.
3. Three most recent signatories to the "I Don't Believe Dave Sim Is A Misogynist" petition (ipetitions) have arrived on sequential weeks. At the rate of one a week we should reach the target of 2,000 names (which would allow me, comfortably, to go out in public) sometime in 2034 when I'll be 78 years old.
4. John Funk plans to develop an overview template of the progress of CEREBUS ARCHIVE NUMBER TWO through the printing and shipping phases and to do a weekly update of his own at Kickstarter so everyone can see what progress is being made.
Every month or so, I'll swing by the petition and check for "spammers" and vandalism. There used to be more idiots at first, but their numbers have decreased as the years go on. The most I have to clean up is the occasional no first or last name. I used to be able to send people an e-mail -- as leaving one's e-mail was one of the required inputs -- but ipetitions has gotten rid of that.
|Notebook #27 back and front cover|
|Notebook #27, pages 24 and 25|
|Notebook #27, pages 26 and 27|
|Notebook #27, pages 58 and 59|