The Ages Of Cerebus
Inktober Daily Art 2014
- Massive emergency renovation underway to the rear of the Off-White House. Top priority. Damn The Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead
- Solid sales on the remastered CEREBUS Volume One through PREVIEWS: 475 copies ordered. This bodes well for the remastered HIGH SOCIETY volume.
- Full Speed Ahead for me, transporting and scanning the artwork, as soon as the actual Kickstarter funds arrive. Sean and John to follow.
- CEREBUS ARCHIVE NUMBER ONE the unsigned edition is most of the way to completion. Funkmaster John and Funkmistress Shotgun have really outdone themselves "getting 'er done" in the midst of restructuring Graphic Edge Print Solutions.
|Notebook #9 page 42|
|Notebook #9 page 43|
Hi, Jeff -- Having foresworn professional sports as a harmful addiction -- my only exposure now being when something appears on the front page of the NATIONAL POST, *NO* reading of or glancing at the sports section -- I had no idea what was happening in the playoffs until there was a small photo of a Royals pitcher and "Royals sweep Orioles to advance to World Series" the other day. And, yes, my first reaction was, "Well, Jeff is a happy camper right now" (coupled with "This is probably not the happiest day of Steve Geppi's life, as a minority owner of the Orioles").
"Yours, as well, beyond issue #300... and Go Royals!"
|Repairing the Off-White House foundations |
- Behind the scenes of the $33K threshold Tuesday to Thursday
- CEREBUS ARCHIVE NUMBER TWO Bonus Prints to feature gold stamp embossed seals reading "Cerebus Archive First Release" and will be signed AND numbered by hand by me.
- We're putting this one in the "WIN" column for CEREBUS fans around the world!
- Work continues on the rebuilding of the Off-White House foundation
$33K final threshold -- we're getting there, but still $3.5K off. If we hit the target at the very last minute or with only hours to spare, it doesn't give the patrons enough time to react, for those who want to max out the bonus prints to 10. What if we set a "48-hour clock" on Thursday evening, meaning, if we achieve the "soft" target of $30K by 8:00 pm Thursday, then we simply say, "We're close enough and we need to give you some time to adjust your pledge -- you still have two days." It's one of those "Catch-22" deals, isn't it? What do you think?
My gut instinct tells me this is no time for "no child left behind". This is like the playoffs. You (that is, the Pledge Partners) have to WANT it. The sooner they get it up to $33K, the more choosing time they get. They have to be thinking, "We may never get up this high again and we'll never get First Release opportunities on THESE Bonus Prints again". I suspect if you take away that pressure, you take away the sense of accomplishment and a lot of the fun.
I'll address it as soon as we go live at 4 pm just as if I was announcing a hockey game: "Wow! It's going to be close! Are you guys going to hit the $33K? And if you do, are you leaving yourself enough time to decide and order any First Release Bonus Prints you're interested in/can afford?"
$33,642 pledged (FUH-GED-A-BOW-DIT!!!!)
PLEDGE AMOUNT: ADD $9 ($8 + $1 to cover additional shipping costs) to your portfolio pledge for EACH Bonus Print UP TO the maximum number of Bonus Prints allowed (see above table).
|Notebook #8 page 51|
|Notebook #8 page 53, left side|
|Notebook #8 page 53, right side|
|Cerebus Vol 12: Rick Story |
(Collects #220-231, 1997-1998)
Art by Dave Sim & Gerhard