Friday 20 January 2012

Zootanapuss #2

Zootanapuss #2 (variant cover for Glamourpuss #23, January 2012)
Art by Dave Sim

DAVE SIM:
(from Cerebus TV, Season 3 Episode 11, 13 January 2012)
I'm really hoping that Zootanapus vs High Fashion Models will help keep [Glamourpuss] alive... and so far so good. Actually, the sales on the signed and numbered [Glamourpuss variant cover] Zootanapus #2 are up from Zootanapus #1. There have been many, many days over the last three years when I never thought I would get Stan Drake and Alex Raymond to Chateau Drake on West Parish Road in West Point. Or get a chance to draw my own version of Elizabeth 'Betty Lou' Drake (nee Smith). Or put her in a few different outfits, including "Oh! Hey! What if she was in her bath-robe and curlers when they got there?" A lot of big and small emergencies that I was just batting away like flies, 'cos I’m going, "I can't believe it. I got them in the garage. Stan Drake is getting into the Corvette."

Glamourpuss #23 is available from the end of January 2011 at your local comics shop.
Back issues of Glamourpuss are always available from ComiXpress.

No comments: