Thursday 2 July 2015

Restoration Bulletin-- seeking Church + State I reprint essays


Sean Michael Robinson:

Greetings folks!

I'm in the midst of putting together the back matter for the new Church & State I printing, and with eight pages to fill, I'm looking for some help with the content.

Does anyone reading this happen to have copies of the  Church & State I reprints, published as an extension of the Cerebus Biweekly reprint series? What I'm looking for specifically are the essays that Dave wrote for these editions, or any other material unique to the reprints. These don't need to be fancy-pants high-res scans or anything, only readable scans (or photographs) of the pages in question.

If you can help me out with this, please send scans (or photos) to CerebusArtHunt at gmail. And please leave a message here stating which issues you've sent, so that people don't waste their time sending pages that have already been sent.

Thanks for your time everyone!

5 comments:

JLH said...

I own all of these and have a pretty good scanner. I can scan them all tonight, if somebody doesn't beat me to it in the meantime.

Sean R said...

Great-- that's fantastic, JLH. Tonight would be great--thanks so much for helping out! If anyone else decides to beat him to it, please post here :)

JLH said...

I've checked every issue... and the only original things are 4 pages each issue of notebooks with a few comments (usually a sentence or two at most) by Dave at the bottom, and a page or two of submitted comics by other creators. No essays (well, issue 29 has an essay on why he's canceling the biweekly book, but it has nothing to do with Church & State). If you need to fill 8 pages, why not include the Secret Sacred Wars story from AARGH? Or (if that's considered more Church & State II related) how about Cerebus Dreams II? I think that took place during C&S I...

JLH said...

If you still want the notebook pages scanned, I'll gladly do them!

Sean R said...

Thank you for the research aid, J, and your help! No need to scan anything unless you see something eminently quotable. I'll dig trough the monthly issue and see if I can find helpful materials....